Dr. Bagirath completed his M.B.B.S from J.J.M Medical College, Davangere. After pursuing M.D General Medicine from prestigious Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, he completed his super specialization in D.M Cardiology from Sai Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology. He is also a Diplomate of National Board in General Medicine. Dr. Bagirath is the first Cardiologist to implant temporary LV assist device (Impella) in South India. He is also the member of Cardiology team at Narayana Hrudayalaya that performed India’s first permanent LV assist device. Dr. Bagirath has also worked as Principal Investigator in various Clinical Trials. He has also undergone various national & international training programs under Interventional Cardiology.
Awards & Recognition
- Best Outgoing Student Gold Medal - J.J.M Medical College, Davangere.
- 4th rank during M.B.B.S - University of Mysore.
- Recipient of the Gold Medal at 2nd Annual Convocation - Kuvempu University during M.B.B.S.
- Best Paper Award - 16th Annual Conference of IMA, Bangalore.
- Best Angiogram CD Presentation - 3rd Indo European course on Revascularization, European Chapter held at George Pompidou Hospital, Paris.
- Worked as a key investigator in various clinical trials.
- Presented posters, abstracts and cases in various International and National conferences.
Post Held in the Past
- Chinmaya Narayana Superspeciality Centre, Bangalore.
- Narayana Health, Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Bangalore.
- Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology, Bangalore.
- Manipal Hospital, Bangalore.