Dr. P Balachandran Menon did MS, M.Ch (GI Surgery), PDCC (Vascular, Fellow Liver Transplant). From the year (April) 2008 – (October) 2010, he did Fellowship transplantation from Samsung Hospital, Seoul and fellowship transplantation from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi.
Dr. P Balachandran Menon is very experienced Liver Transplant surgeon with an overall experience of performing and assisting over 2500 Liver Transplants. He is super-specialized in Gastrointestinal surgeries, including trauma surgeries, vascular advanced HPB surgeries like hepatectomy to name a few. He is very well versed in the entire range of Pancreatic Surgery including Re-Pancreatic Surgery. Dr. Menon is one of the very few doctors who is proficient at the aorta-femoral bypass, aortic aneurysm repair, and limb revascularization. He is heading the liver transplantation team at Yashoda Group of Hospitals, Secunderabad. The Yashoda Group of Hospitals operates 3 Multi Speciality Tertiary care Hospitals in Secunderabad providing 24*7 Advanced Medical services with the latest equipment.
- MS (General Surgery)
- M.Ch (GI Surgery)
- PDCC (Vascular, Fellow Liver Transplant)
- Fellowship transplantation from Samsung Hospital, Seoul.
- Fellowship transplantation from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi
- Assistant Professor and Head Surgical Gastroenterology, NRI Medical College, Guntur
- Associate Professor and head Surgical Gastroenterology, SVIMS, Tirupati from December 2004 - January 2007
- Senior Resident at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow from Jan-2000 to Dec-2003
- PG Trainee (1991-1994): Calicut Medical College, Calicut
Special Interest and Expertise
- Experience of 10 years in Laparoscopic surgeries including pancreatic and hepatobiliary surgery as well as performing advanced laparoscopic surgeries
- Surgical treatment of advanced HCC, cholangiocarcinoma and extended liver resections including segmental, caudate lobe and central hepatectomies
- Developing Laparoscopic HPB surgery including liver resection, Laparoscopic and minimal invasive donor hepatectomy program and cost cutting in Transplant
- Conducting Open General, Vascular and Gastrointestinal Surgeries including: Trauma Surgery
- Advanced HPB surgeries including Hepatectomies, donor and Recipient surgeries in LT
- The entire range of Pancreatic Surgery including Re-Pancreatic Surgery
- Adept at aorto-femoral bypass, aortic aneurysm repair, and limb revascularisation
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries (Colorectal, Esophagectomies, and Gastrectomies), Hernia repairs and Lap Suturing
- Has had good exposure in over 200 cases of liver transplantation at Samsung Medical center, Seoul Korea and Gangaram Hospital as Fellow
- Has been involved in over 1000 case at Medanta Hospital, working as a consultant and independently performing both donor and recipient surgeries
Research & Publications
- Fellow in LT at Samsung Seoul And Gangaram hospital New-Delhi
- Research areas of interest include use of low GRWR grafts and reperfusion injury. Have over 25 research publications.