Dr. Sandeep Singh, a very versatile and compassionate cardiac surgeon is a renowned National and International awardee. He has worked and trained in two “Meccas” of Cardiovascular Institutes, Texas Heart Institute, Houston, USA and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney Australia. Dr Singh has a rich experience of 27 years in cardiovascular and thoracic surgery. He has been a Director and Head at many organisations and has contributed in starting Cardiac Surgery in over five hospitals in India and abroad.
Field of Expertise
- Failing heart surgeries and left ventricular assist devices.
- Aortic surgeries (especially aortic aneurysms) and peripheral vascular surgeries.
- Beating heart surgeries Robotics and Minimally Invasive (MIS) Cardiac Surgery.
Awards and Recognisition
- Outstanding Fellow Award for the year 1998-99 by the Denton A. Cooley Cardio- vascular Surgical Society (D.A.C.V.S.S.).
- Rotary International Vocational Award, presented by Rotary International, in June 2003.
- Kesar Khusbu Times Award, presented for excellence in cardiac surgery, Meerut, in May 2004.
- Delhi Ratan, a prestigious Delhi State Award, presented by the 'All India Conference of Intellectuals' in Oct. 2015 at New Delhi.
International Experience and Fellowship
Advance cardiac fellowship at Texas Heart Institute, Houston, Texas, USA, from 1997-2000. Was awarded with Outstanding travelling Fellow award by Denton Cooley Cardio-vascular surgical society for the years 1998-99 in which he visited & worked at:
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, (July - Aug. 1999)
- Buffalo General Hospital, Buffalo, (Aug. 1999) Mass.
- General Hospital, Boston. (Mar. 2000)
- Brigham & Women Hospital, Boston. (Mar.-April 2000)
- Registrar ship at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney Australia, from 2004-2005.
- Director & Head of Cardio-thoracic & vascular surgery at Fortis Hospital, Venkateshwar Hospital & Max Superspeciality Hospital.
- Director & Head of Cardio- vascular surgery at Delhi Heart and Lung Institute.
- Senior Consultant & Chief of Cardio-Thoracic & Vascular Surgery at Metro Group of Hospitals.
- Consultant CTVS at Escort Heart Institute & Research Centre